Wednesday, December 16, 2009
My Candy of Hair Products
Here are some of the products that I really love and have never failed me. I really enjoy coming across products that actually WORK and show RESULTS, there is nothing better than picking up a new conditioner or shampoo that just does exactly what it says and more. So let’s start the review starting from the left.
• Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave In- Very moisturizing! I use this product after rinsing conditioner out of my hair while my hair is still damp or towel dried. It provides good slip for detangling, however it claims to mend split ends but I'm not too sure about that because occasionally I do have some split ends (which I suggest cutting immediately). Overall good product and I have and will continue to purchase again.
• Cream of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo- I really do enjoy this shampoo it contains no sulfates which is awesome!! Besides that it really is what it says Ultra Moisturizing or what we normally say in the hair world CON (green), but yes great product. When applying the shampoo to the hair it helps in detangling, moisturizing, and cleaning. However this shampoo has been discontinued so it is disappearing from stores. So if you can get your hands on this stuff good for you because this shampoo is really good!
• GVP Conditioning Balm- This conditioner is a generic version of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm and proves to have the exact same ingredients as the original. I recently started using this conditioner as a deep conditioner and I like it, it adds moisture and it's an overall good deep conditioner. However I am always looking for a good deep conditioner, so it's kind of hard for me to settle down on just one..maybe I'm a little greedy when it comes to my hair...I don't mind, but my wallet probably does lol
• Aussie Moist Conditioner- This conditioner is lovely. I normally use this conditioner for co-washes, but I heard it is also good as a deep conditioner (blog idea). Normally when I do my co-washes I put this conditioner on my dry hair then when I get in the shower rinse it out then apply it twice more than do a final rinse. Aussie Moist provides a nice scent, creamy texture, and extremely moisturizing.
• Roux Porosity Control Corrector and Conditioner- Okay so normally ladies will mix this with their deep conditioner or apply it after their deep conditioner, I like to apply it afterwards leave it on for 30 seconds then rinse. This conditioner is all about porosity and the ability to let your hair absorb the moisture that you have just put in. Normally people who have hair that is constantly dry normally there is a porosity problem because their hair is not holding in any product within the hair strand, so this conditioner helps with that. I use this once a week and I like the way it makes my hair feel and in the end its helping my hair hold moisture which is desperately needed in ethnic hair.
• Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Lotion- I loovee this so much, it really does what it says which is moisturize! My hair is thick and moisture is a definite need and sometimes I find that hard to find in most products, but this product is amazing. The ingredients that stand out the most to me are water, glycerin, and Shea butter. Those three are major sources for moisture that is needed in our hair. A good thing to know about this product is that a little goes a long way so you get what you pay for which happens to be around three or four bucks..maybe less. Overall it’s a winner with my hair and hopefully yours too.
• Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor- Protein based conditioner that builds the hair and makes it stronger inside and out. I use this maybe once a month for a mild protein treatment, my hair normally feels very soft after this treatment and stronger. Just be careful not to use it too often because you don't want to jack your hair up with protein because it is not a pretty thing..breakage + dryness= setbacks!
So I just wanted to share some of the hair products that I adore and will keep in my hair for awhile. I hope you got something from this and I hope you enjoyed it. Thanx!!
-Compliments of Sharmaine369 ♥